So I, like many other peepz, have fallen madly in love with those Miu Miu red glitter sunglasses. After much consideration, I realized that they looked DIYable. So, above you can see how I did it, but here's some more detailed instructions:
You will need:
- A pair of sunglasses similar to the Miu Miu shape, I used these ones.
- Glitter glue (I went with the same color as the Miu, but you could do any color!)
- Gloss coat/varnish
-Patience...and a paint brush
- Masking tape
1) Cover the lenses with masking tape, this is vital if you want to be able to see out of the glasses when you're done...which I think you might.
2) Begin applying layers of glitter glue, this was the hardest part because there was more glue than glitter in the paint so I had to do about 8 coats (you may have to do more or less to completely cover them). If you want to speed things up, you could try mixing your own glitter glue using very fine glitter and clear drying glue (e.g PVA) to make more concentrated glitter glue.
3) Leave them to dry, I had to leave mine overnight. They may look lumpy, but once the piant dries the layer of glue will flatten out.
4) When they are completely dry, cover the dried glitter in a couple layers of gloss paint. Make sure you cover them well so they are shiny, and so the glue doesn't begin to peel off.
5) Rock out with your DIY glasses out.