So I've been quite enamored with this whole pop art themed trend that's been popping (pun totally intended) up lately. I had my eye on that Phillip Lim t-shirt for a while, and the it suddenly occurred to me that it would much more cost effective and fun to just make the shirt myself. So, I picked up some fabric paint and chose my tshirt of choice- here's a quick DIY that should save you around £150.
1) Purchase paint. Any fabric paint will do! Make sure you have a couple brushes of different size too. You'll also need a basic vest/t-shirt unless you were just going to paint your bare chest...not advised.
2) Find a pop art print you like (I stole my good pal Phillips) and draw it on the shirt using a thick pencil.
3) Pick the lightest color, and paint!
4) Pick the next lightest color, paint some more!
5) Always end with black, don't forget to outline everything for that comic book effect.
6) Wait for the paint to dry, and iron the shirt! Specific instructions for how to set your paint will be written on your bottle of paint, so consult those before you iron anything.
7) Be awesome and kick people, then point to your shirt for explanation... And then run.
follow into the fold: